| IMPORTANT INFORMATION
from the Cuyahoga County
Board of Health
We were notified by the Cuyahoga County Board of Health (BOH) that a mosquito trap in the Parma Park area tested positive for West Nile Virus. No human cases have been reported but the BOH encourages the public to take the following precautions:
1. Use insect repellant containing DEET
2. Dispose of outdoor containers that collect water
3. Empty and refill bird baths weekly
4. Clean and drain pools or hot tubs not in use
5. Unclog all gutters to drain properly
6. Fill tree holes with tar or cement
7. Make sure all door and window screens are tightened
8. Wear long sleeve shirts and pants when possible.
9. Keep children indoor during peak mosquito activity (1 hour before and after sunset)
To report areas of persistent standing water or a heavy population of biting mosquitos, please contact the BOH at 216.201.2000.