You are here:
Home > Departments > Service Department > 2012 SPECIAL WASTE COLLECTION EVENT
2013 SPECIAL WASTE COLLECTION EVENTS
|Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Cassidy Theatre in the Greenbrier Commons
Please click here for more information.
The City of Parma Heights will be hosting the following special waste collection events. These events are an excellent opportunity to dispose of your unwanted materials in an environmentally safe manner.
Please note that the Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District will no longer be hosting events at the county fairgrounds.
- All events will be held at the Parma Heights Service Garage.
- All events will be held from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (except Scrap Tire Collection)
- Proof of residency is required. Please see below for further details for each event.
- The Service Department may be contacted directly should you require further information.
Household Hazardous Waste Events
At our Saturday, April 14th event a record 2,593 lbs. of hazardous waste was collected!
Household Material Accepted:
- April 13
- July 13
- September 14
- December 14
Materials NOT Accepted:
- Oil or solvent-based paint, sealers, primers, or coatings (aerosols or liquids)
- Varnishes, polyurethanes, shellacs
- Paint thinner, mineral spirits, turpentine
- Pesticides, herbicides, fungicides
- Caustic household cleaners
- Pool Chemicals
- Automotive fluids, motor oil, car batteries
- Adhesives, roof tar, driveway sealer
- Kerosene, gasoline, lighter fluid
- Mercury, fluorescent bulbs
- Latex paint
- Disposal of Latex Paint - The Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District does not accept latex paint. Latex paint is comprised mostly of water and is not a hazardous material. To dispose of latex paint, solidify and place in your curbside trash. This can be done by placing cat litter or sand in the can and leaving the lid off until the paint dries. Dried out paint and/or empty paint cans are not hazardous and should be placed in the regular rubbish.
- Explosives, gun powder, ammunition, flares
- Medical Waste
- Pharmaceuticals, medicine, sharps
- Radioactive waste (i.e. smoke detectors)
- Electronics, Appliances
Recycle Your Computer Events
Residents can recycle unwanted home computer equipment includes CPU’s, monitors, keyboards, mice, printers, terminals, modems, cables, software, and ink printer cartridges. Cell phones and their accessories are also accepted. **Televisions are not accepted at this event. Retailers and local companies do offer recycling services for these items. There is no ban on placing televisions and electronics in the local trash. Please visit the following link to the Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District for more detailed information on the Computer Round Up event: http://www.cuyahogaswd.org/en-US/computer-recycling.aspx.
Community Shred Event
Please limit to 2 boxes per family.
- May 4
- August 24
- November 9
Scrap Tire Collection
Friday, September 20
9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. & 12:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Residents may drop off residential passenger tires. No tires with rims greater than 20 inches will be accepted. Tires must be off rims.