Building Department

Please see our Building Department page for permit forms.
The length of time will vary depending upon the scope of the work.  However, we strive to be as efficient as possible. 
All contractors must be registered with the City of Parma Heights before a permit can be issued.
A homeowners permit means you are doing the work yourself - a contractor is not being used.
Inspections are required to make sure the job is being done correctly.
A permit is necessary to ensure the work is done correctly and in accordance with the Building Codes. Reminder: If processing a permit through the mail - please remember to include a self-addressed STAMPED envelope for us to return the permit to you. Thank you.

Service Department

Please visit Cuyahoga Recycles to get specific information about what you can recycle in Parma Heights.  Plastic containers mostly #1-7, glass, food & beverage containers, aluminum, steel, and bimetal food & beverage cans, cartons/aseptic containers: milk, juice, etc., entire newspaper including inserts, magazines, phone books, junk mail, and cardboard.
Regular household trash 
Grass clippings and other yard waste should be placed in brown paper yard waste bags not to exceed 40 lbs. You may also place yard waste loose in regular garbage cans marked "Yard Waste". The cans must have a secure lid and should not exceed 40 lbs. Small branches must be cut and bundled with twine and not to exceed 3' in length or 40 lbs. Bundles should be placed next to yard waste bags or cans. All plastic bags are strictly prohibited for Yard Waste and will not be collected. Yard waste in plastic bags may be placed in the blue refuse cart. Large root balls or landscape timbers are not permitted.
Bulk collection takes place the third full week of the month that starts with a Monday.
Refuse collection is delayed if the holiday falls on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. Collection will then take place on Thursday. The following holidays are observed by Republic Services: New Year's Day., Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas.
Please click here for the schedule of this year's events.

Mayor's Office

Yes, there is a party room downstairs in the Cassidy Theatre (with handicapped access), that holds 50 people. Kitchen access includes a refrigerator, microwave oven and sink.  No alcoholic beverages are allowed. For more information or to check availability, contact the Recreation Department at 440.884.9606 or email
Yes, please call 440.884.9604 or email
Yes you are automatically enrolled in NOPEC for an electric and gas supplier but you are free to opt out if you so choose. For any questions, you can visit the NOPEC website at: or call 1.800.292.9284 (Electric) or 1.855.667.3201 (Gas).

Mayor's Court

Yes, you will pay court costs if you waive your appearance in court and pay a fine. However, the fine can be less than, the same or at the discretion of the Magistrate.
The officer normally checks the box, located on the lower portion of the ticket, indicating whether or not your appearance is required.
We accept Master Card, Visa, money order, personal check, cash and online payments. You can contact the Court prior to you court appearance to pay your ticket in person, by mail, using the drop-off box or online. You must pay the ticket on or before your scheduled court date.
Yes, payment is expected on the day of court. Traditional monthly payment plans are not accepted but in certain circumstances short-term arrangements can be made.
12 points on your license will result in a suspension.
Points stay on your license for 2 years.
You must go to a Municipal Court: if you live in Parma Heights that would be Parma Municipal Court on Powers Blvd.
No. You will have an opportunity to speak to the Magistrate and the Prosecutor prior to disposition/decision/conviction.
No, the officer is not present. If the Magistrate feels the need to have the officer present, he may continue the court date in which to do so.
Mayor's Court is held at Parma Heights City Hall, 6281 Pearl Road in the Council Chambers.
Any questions regarding the Photo Enforcement Program or tickets may be made in person or by phone at 440.884.9603. Most information for handling of a photo enforcement citation can be found in the mailing you receive from Redflex, including a phone number to the company.

Community & Economic Development

For more information, to apply for any of the programs listed on our website or to inquire about making Parma Heights your business address, stop by our office located in Parma Heights City Hall, 6281 Pearl Road. Office hours are Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., or call us at 440 884-9600 x5610.
Contact us at 440 884-9600 x5610 or click here: Available Properties for Sale or Lease.
Does the City of Parma Heights have a CRA program available?
Yes, the City does have a CRA program in place for both commercial and residential properties.  Click here for basic information or call the Building Department at 440.884.9600 x5700, Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m..


City of Parma Heights | 6281 Pearl Road | Parma Heights, OH 44130 | 440-884-9600 | Contact & Directions

Sitemap | Disclaimer, Privacy, Security Policy