| Contact Information
|Dennis P. Patten,
Director of Public Service
cell: (440) 241-6211
FAX: (440) 843-5818
Michelle Teresi, Building, Housing & Recycling Coordinator
(440) 884-9600 ext. 5702
| Department Location
|Parma Heights City Hall
6281 Pearl Road
Parma Heights, OH 44130
CURRENT BID NOTICES
| Office Hours
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
WASTE COLLECTION EVENTS
LUBE STOP offers a free recycling program for used oil, and batteries !
Click here for information
|WEEKEND EXCESS REFUSE DROP-OFF
2nd & 4th Saturdays of every month
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Parma Heights Service Garage
Proof of residency is required.
Residents are asked to please limit drop-offs to regular household garbage.
Construction material, tires or hazardous waste items will NOT be accepted during these regular Saturday drop-offs.
|SEWER MAINTENANCE PROGRAM
The Service Department does provide assistance should you experience a sewer back-up or slow drains. Crews will perform snaking of both the sanitary and the storm line, between the clean out and the main line in the street. Property owners are responsible for any blockages, breaks, etc. that may occur between the clean out and the home. Property owners are also responsible for any internal issues that may arise. Please contact the Service Department at 440.884.9607 to make a request for assistance. It is required that an adult be at the home when the Sewer Crew comes out to address the problem.
The Illuminating Company
Cleveland Water Dept./Sewer
AT&T (Phone) 1.800.228.2020
AT&T (Repair) 1.800.572.4545
Cox Communications (Cable)
NEORSD (Sewer) 216.881.8247
WASTE AND RECYCLING COLLECTION
Household Waste and Recycling Collection is an automated service. New residents must call for garbage & recycle cans (if none are at the home)
Republic Waste Services
The Department of Public Service provides a variety of services to our residents. The department’s responsibilities range from street and sewer repairs, snow and leaf removal, and facility and grounds maintenance. While the City does not operate its own in-house refuse collection service, service is provided on a weekly basis by a private contractor.
GREEN REFUSE & RECYCING
2016-2017 Trash & Recycling Information
April, 2016-March, 2017 Bulk Pickup Calendar
2015-16 Special Waste Collection Events
Click here for full information
Automated Refuse & Recycling Guide
- Residents may recycle most plastics numbered 1 through 7
- In addition, cardboard milk, juice, and broth cartons may also be recycled
- We are now accepting Styrofoam! While the service is not offered curbside, residents may bring PACKAGING Styrofoam (formed packing material #6 EPS) to any Saturday Residential Waste Drop-Offs (2nd & 4th Saturday of every month) and to any of our Special Waste Collection Events throughout the year.
- Loose packing peanuts are not accepted - please just take them to any UPS store for recycling.
- Absolutely NO food packaging Styrofoam will be accepted - please dispose in your regular trash.
Beginning in April 2012, our city became one of the first in Cuyahoga County to have automated trash collection and recycling, at no added cost to you. Automated refuse collection is the most efficient and cost effective system available today. Automated recycling increases participation, reduces landfill waste and conserves natural resources.
Residential curbside refuse collection is provided by Republic Waste Services every Wednesday. Refuse containers should be out after 4:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and by 7:00 a.m. on Wednesdays.
Empty cans must be removed from the tree lawn within twelve hours after pick-up and should be stored out of sight from the street.
For more information on the program, please click here.
For more information about recycling, please visit the Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District's
website at www.cuyahogaswd.org
The following items are EXCLUDED from regular pick up:
Hazardous waste of any kind, building materials resulting from construction, dirt, concrete, sod, car batteries, and oils. Waste generated by commercial contractors will not be picked up. Please click here for information on Special Waste Collection Dates
Refuse Collection Fee
The Refuse Collection Fee on your property tax bill is for the current year. The fee for residential solid waste collection is added to the property tax bill as a simplified method of billing that eliminates the nuisance of quarterly billing and payments, and automatically ensures that all Homestead Exemption-qualified residents receive a $1 per month discount.
Paper Retriever Program
bins are located at the following locations in Parma Heights.
- Greenbriar Commons (NEO Soccer Parking Lot) - 6184 Pearl Rd.
- Divinity Lutheran Church – 11877 Blossom Avenue
- Holy Name H.S. – 6000 Queens Hwy.
- Incarnate Word Academy – 6618 Pearl Rd.
- Parma Park Elementary – 6800 Commonwealth
- Pearl Road Elementary - 6125 Pearl Rd.
- Parma South Presbyterian Church – 6155 Pearl Rd.
- St. John Bosco Church- 6480 Pearl Rd.
- Parma Heights Baptist Church - 8971 West Ridgewood
- Valley Forge H.S. – 9999 Independence Blvd.
- Cleveland Metroparks - Big Creek Reservation
Schools, churches, and other community groups can raise money by hosting a Paper Retriever bin in their parking lot where the public can drop-off household and business paper for recycling. The Paper Retriever Program is sponsored by Abitibi Consolidated the world's largest newsprint recycler and newsprint producer. Abitibi started this collection program to obtain the paper they need to make new recycled paper. The program is available in many U.S. cities.