You are here:
Home > Departments > Safety Department > CodeRED
SIGN UP FOR CodeRED EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION SYSTEM
CLICK THE ICON TO SIGN UP for the
CodeRED and CodeRED Weather Warning System!
NOTICE: On Friday, August 24th at 11:00 a.m., CodeRED made a Test Call to all numbers in the city's CodeRED Emergency Communications Network database.
- Click here for answers to Frequently Asked Quesitons about the CodRED Emergency Notification System.
- Click here for answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the CodeRED Weather Warning Notification System.
- The CodeRED Test Call had Caller ID "866-419-5000 emergencycomm" and contained information on the CodeRED system.
- If you DID NOT receive a Test Call, you are NOT in the city database. Click the icon above to sign up or call the Safety Department at 440.884.9600 x37, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. through 3:00 p.m. to sign up.
- Click here for more information about the CodeRED Test Call.
If you received a call and DO NOT want to be in the city's CodeRED database:
- Click here to download a DO NOT CALL release form.
- Fill out the form and return it to the City of Parma Heights Department of Public Safety.
- Fast, free service allows City officals to notify residents and businesses by telephone about emergency situations or critical community alerts.
- System is capable of sending messages only to people affected by a particular situation, or, in the case of a widespread emergency, to the City's entire population.
- System can make up to 1,000 calls per minute on average, allowing the City to send a message to affected households almost as quickly as City officials become aware of the situation.